The COVID-19 pandemic is challenging for every person, family and business, including the insurance industry. Please know that GenStar is available and delivering on our commitments. We are operational and can be reached by phone, or email, or at our website,www.generalstar.com. We will continue to address developments and adjust our response as we learn more from insurance regulators, government officials, clients and vendors.
Important Notices and Temporary Responses:
- Policy wording is unchanged by COVID-19. Coverage provided by your policy before the outbreak of the coronavirus will be available to you until the expiration or termination of the policy, subject to any mutually agreed midterm change that is customary to insurance. Please contact your broker/agent if you have questions about your coverage.
- Beware of scams offering unsolicited insurance policies or asking you to purchase any change to your coverage. Importantly, contact your broker/agent to confirm the validity of these offers.
- Mid-term changes in exposure will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- Renewal policy extensions will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Premium audits will continue, however for policies where there is a material reduction in exposure, please contact your broker/agent.
- Premium finance companies may be affected by emergency regulations, please contact your premium finance company for information.
- We understand these are challenging times and will review other issues on a case by case basis when requested by your broker/agent on your behalf. Please contact your broker/agent.
Note: The guidance is based on current information. Our responses are subject to change however, we will endeavor to update this page as new details emerge. No statements should be construed as changes to existing in-force policies nor should they be used to interpret the existence or lack of coverage or how coverage may apply to future potential claims.